Welcome to Fulham Grade 1/2!
Hi! My name is Emily Dennison and I am excited to be your child's grade 1/2 teacher for the year. This is my second year teaching and my first year at Fulham School. I live in Carrot Creek with my husband Devin, our dog Kona and our two cats, Brooks and Dunn. I enjoy travelling, photography and spending time with my family and friends.
There are many exciting things being planned for this year and I can't wait to experience them with your children. Your children are going to experience new adventures and learn many new things. I am excited to be apart of your child's grade 1/2 year.
To get a hold of me, you can email me at email@example.com or call the school. You can also get a hold of me through your child's agenda, the Remind app and the ClassDojo app.
What Is Happening in Grade 1/2!
Below I have provided a list of links for different apps and websites that we use in the class to help your child learn. Below is also what we are working on in each subject so that your child can practice these concepts at home if you want to help their learning. I have also included a list of events that is going to be happening in our classroom for the month of December.
- Teach Your Monster How to Read
- Endless Reader
- Sight Words Learning Games & Reading Flash Cards
- Word BINGO
- codeSpark Academy
- Mindful Powers
- Kids A-Z
- Kids Academy Talented & Gifted
- Second Grade Learning Games by RosiMosi LLC
- First Grade Learning Games SE by RosiMosi LLC
- Toca Apps by Toca Boca AB
- Spelling City
- Making Words Kindergarten and First Grade
- Tumble Books
- Language Arts - Journal Writing, Daily 5, How to Write a Sentence, Descriptive Sentences, All About Animal Writing.
- Math - Numbers to 20 (Grade 1), Numbers to 100, Addition and Subtraction to 18 (Grade 2)
- Social Studies - Comparing Meteghan, NS to our community.
- Science - Hot and Cold Temperatures; Boats and Buoyancy
- Art - Winter Art, Animal Art
- Music - Naming Notes, What Makes Up Music?
- P.E. - Cooperative Games
- Health - Expressing Feelings, Interactions, Computer Safety
Jan. 1-7 ~ Christmas Break (No School)
Jan. 8 ~ Back to School
Jan. 12 ~ Sports Pride Day
Jan. 19 ~ Mindful Day
Jan. 23 ~ Pine Grove Play
Jan. 11, 16, 18, 23, 25, 30 ~ Skating (Depending on the Weather. A note will be sent home if not skating.)
Feb.1,6,13, 15, 20, 22, 27 ~ Skating (Depending on the Weather. A note will be sent home if not skating.)
Feb. 2 ~ Scholastic Order Due
Feb. 7 ~ Winter Carnival
Feb. 8/9 ~ No School (Teachers Convention)
Feb. 13 ~ 100th Day/100 Year Old Dress-Up Day
Feb. 14 ~ Valentine’s Day/100th Day Class Party
Feb. 19 ~ Family Day (No School)
Feb. 21/22 ~ Parent/Teacher Interviews
Mar. 2 ~ Scholastic Order Due